The Mechanic position is responsible for performing PM’s, overhauls, troubleshooting, cleaning associated with natural gas engines and compressors, VRU’s, pumps, and other rotating equipment. The position is a key contributor in ensuring that facilities are operating safely and with maximum reliability.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The essential job duties for this position are listed below:
- Perform Mechanical duties involving troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing natural gas engines, compressors, generators, and/or other power-driven equipment.
- Inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: assist in diagnosing problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; assist in performing repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Support mechanical team with overhauls, repairing and adjusting engines, compressors, pumps, and motors.
- Familiarity with maintenance and repair of ignition systems, carburetion equipment, and emissions control systems.
- Some knowledge of compressor components including lubrication systems, shutdown systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Maintain compressor logs, oil sampling, and inventories of parts, equipment, lube oils and coolants.
- General upkeep of facilities and equipment including engines/compressors, company vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, Associates Degree in Natural Gas or Commensurate education and experience.
- 3 years gas compressor maintenance and repair experience.
- Ariel compressor knowledge.
- Basic computer skills
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Must pass pre-employment background and drug screening – subject to random drug testing
- Must allow pre-employment and MVR background check
- Ability to frequently throughout the work shift, push, pull and lift at least a minimum of 50lbs to a minimum height of 3-4 feet and maneuver equipment or parts as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in changing climate condition
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, stairs and platforms at varying heights
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to work 10 or more hours in a day
- Driving, walking, and standing frequently
- Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy lifting