Responsible for the accurate, timely and consistent measurement of produced volumes. This role is to ensure the integrity and reliability of natural gas meters, measurement recording and gas sampling equipment and perform operations and maintenance at metering facilities in compliance with company policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable DOT regulations. Primary responsibilities include performing daily workflow of assigned route, including verifying proper operation, testing, calibration, repair, maintenance, and installation of gas and liquid measurement equipment as well as other natural gas quality related equipment is being performed.
- Tests, calibrates, operates, maintains, and inspects electronic and mechanical flow meters and obtain gas and liquid samples.
- Maintain communication networks for radio systems.
- Maintain Abb Gas Chromatographs and Ami analyzers.
- Communicate at a technical level and interface with customers, measurement, operations, and engineering groups
- Assist in field and/or pipeline operations and maintenance functions.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, operate, maintain, inspect, test, and calibrate electronic flow meters, associated measurement and communications equipment, control, and relief valves.
- Witness testing and calibration of 3rd party meters.
- Maintain measurement- associated pipeline equipment including valves, probes, thermowells.
- Adhere to company safety and operating policies and procedures, as well as DOT regulations.
- Must complete applicable reporting and documentation of key operating parameters.
- Maintain company-owned vehicle, measurement supplies, test equipment, and personal protective equipment according to company standard operating procedures, and safety policies
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- 5 years of comprehensive measurement experience and/or
- Knowledgeable of concepts in natural gas gathering, pipeline operations, gas processing, and compressor station facilities
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Basic knowledge level of computer networking and Internet Protocol
- Must have basic computer skills to use Company e-mail, Company issued software/hardware, and complete electronic reports
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and is subject to random DOT drug testing
- Must be capable of physical duties in outdoor environment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools
- Able to work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched, or kneeling position
- Able to bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift to 50lbs.
- React to conditions, alarms and beacons using olfactory senses
- Work indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment
- Work in extreme weather conditions around operating equipment
- Wear special safety equipment (PPE) while working