The following is a list of duties that need to be performed during routine visits to the compressor station you are assigned to. Please understand that this list is a minimum standard and any thing you can do reduce gas losses or better the facility whether it is cleaning, improving safety, or improving run time issues please do so. Training will be provided and documented to assure each operator is qualified for the required task.
Job Function & Responsibilities
- Compressor/Oil Terminal operations:
- Operations include maintenance on the units to assure that they run to their fullest potential. This includes fixing oil leaks, checking for hot valves and learning to trouble shoot problems with the units to help the mechanics know what is going on when they are called out for something you cannot repair. The operator will be required to run performance evaluations to make sure the compression is operating with in design specs. If the unit will not perform to design specs notify your supervisor. If issues arise during your normal work day. Please call the mechanics ASAP so they can check it out during regular working hours.
- The field operator is responsible for the complete stations operation. Each station will have various liquid handling features. It is the responsibility of the operator to keep the separators and dumps working in the manner they were designed to operate. It is also the responsibility of the operator to make sure the safety equipment is checked and documented on the regular schedule of the equipment. There will also be a glycol dehydrator at each high-pressure station. It is the responsibility of the operator to make sure the dehydrator is drying the gas to 7# or below to protect the pipelines from hydrates and corrosion. The dehydrators are equipped with a BETEX eliminator or similar emission control devices and it is the responsibility of the operator to make sure the equipment is functioning properly. Pigging of the pipelines associated with these facilities will be the responsibility of the field operator.
- It is the responsibility of the operator to assure there is enough lube oil, TEG, anti-freeze and spare parts at the station to maintain the units and keep them running. This includes making sure the levels in the equipment is within the normal operating range. Each employee will also be responsible for keeping a needed inventory of supplies in your vehicle needed to do your daily work.
- Training will be provided to understand the LACT (lease automated custody transfer) unit operations. You will also be trained in the proving of the crude measurement.
- Each operator will be required to ride the gas and crude gathering system every 2 months. This will assure that we have the line markers in place where needed.
- Each operator will be responsible for the pigging of main lines and laterals as directed.
- Each operator will be required to know the pipelines and be able to shut them in for new tie ins or repairs. Or the in the event of an emergency.
- If an oily leak is found it will be the responsibility of the person finding the leak to report the leak to your supervisor immediately.
- If a gas leak is found it will be the responsibility of the person finding the leak to report it to your supervisor immediately.
- At all times it is the responsibility of every employee to assure the compliance of all aspects of our operation. This includes safety, environmental, construction, state and federal guidelines.
- This includes monthly checks on fire extinguishers.
- If you see anyone not following protocol, please bring it to his or her attention. If a situation arises where they will not adhere to the policies set forth, please bring it to the attention of a supervisor and it will be addressed quickly.
- You are required to wear the proper PPE. FR Clothing, steel toed boots, hard hats, safety glasses and hearing protection when needed.
- Responding to one calls and marking lines.
- Compressor/Oil Terminal Stations:
- Line Riding/Pigging:
- Operators will be responsible for all housekeeping at the stations/terminal and field locations to make sure they are safe to work in and around. The engine, compressor, pump and LACT skids need to be kept free of oil and water. If there are oil or water leaks fix them.
- The station/terminal yards need to be kept free of weeds and trash.
- If you see something laying around pick it up and store or dispose of it properly.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and is subject to random drug testing
- Must allow pre-employment and MVR background check
- Ability to frequently throughout the work shift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools and lift at least a minimum of 50lbs to a minimum height of 3-4 feet and maneuver equipment or parts as needed
- 24 hour on call during work shift
- Ability to work outdoors in changing climate condition
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, stairs and platforms at varying heights