The Measurement Director has responsibility for the overall measurement operations for the company’s natural gas gathering, processing and crude gathering assets. The company’s measurement operations include installation, operation and maintenance of all measurement equipment including metering devices, chromatographs, balancing evaluations, and SCADA equipment with an emphasis on maximum efficiency. The position will reside in the Fort Worth office and will report to the Vice President of Operations. This includes but is not limited to the responsibilities listed below.
- Supervises measurement program, staff, and budget to achieve company goals; plans projects and designates accountability for assignments, reviews progress, directs changes in priorities and modifies schedules as needed to assure work is completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participates in the selection/promotion of staff, salary change considerations, performance reviews and disciplinary matters.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of industry standards for measurement across all the company.
- Provides training and leadership to field personnel to develop individual capabilities.
- Develop recommendations for improvements to existing systems and practices to streamline measurement processes internal and external to the department.
- Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced members of the group and act as the company’s expert in the measurement field.
- Oversee measurement expenses and participate in budgetary reviews.
- Must be able to interface effectively with internal and external customers, display strong communication skills, and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Work with accounting team members to prepare daily and monthly volume balances, both preliminary and month end close, for all pipeline systems and ensure successful transfer to scheduling, marketing, accounting and financial reporting.
- Responsible for tracking and reducing Lost and Unaccounted For on all crude and natural gas systems.
- Lead company efforts to analyze and minimize gain/loss and resolve material balance differences for each natural gas component.
- Present to management team monthly trends for Lost and Unaccounted For, fuel usage and component balancing for all pipeline systems.
- Oversee any investigations/audits and make recommendations toward the resolution of customer volumetric and energy discrepancy claims.
- Manage flow validation software, licensing, and third party measurement services.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Field Operations on measurement projects to ensure proper selection and installation of equipment for custody measurement and material balance measurement.
- Develop Gas and Liquid measurement practices, standards, and applications including meter specifications, installations, proving, calibrations, and communication.
- Ensure Field measurement staff are in compliance with company procedures, industry standards, environmental, and other regulatory requirements.
- Manage the Company’s SCADA and communication systems and work with field operations and IT to solve problems.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- 10+ years of practical measurement experience in Oil & Gas Operations.
- Certificates from applicable gas and liquid industry training courses preferred.
- Direct experience gas and liquid measurement processes.
- Knowledge of industry codes/standards and safety requirements (AGA, API, GPA, OSHA etc.)
- Understanding of accounting processes (settling with customers) and compliance with requirements of company contracts and their terms.
- 5+ years in managing personnel.
- Strong knowledge of data polling equipment, flow validation software (FloCal) and Scada systems is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must possess strong decision-making ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.