Brazos midstream is seeking an Operations Engineer for the Delaware Basin area that is a self-motivated individual with a high regard for safety and integrity officed in Fort Worth, TX. This individual will manage operations related projects, monitor day to day operational performance, identify optimization opportunities and review operating expenses. Including but not limited to Cyrogenic, Treating, Dehydration, Gas & Crude Gathering, Compressor and Central Crude Oil Stations and Measurement operations.
- Candidate will perform oversight, system monitoring and new construction projects as needed. The candidate is expected to perform these duties with integrity, accountability, initiative, and respect.
- Monitors day-to-day Midstream operations in the Loving, Pecos, Ward and Reeves County Area to meet company expectations and ensuring operating equipment is running efficient.
- Report day to day operations, project status, maintenance and repair work to various teams.
- Reviews and monitors operating data to proactively prevent problems and downtime.
- Ensures that established regulatory, environmental and safety standards are maintained.
- Ensures personnel are performing their job duties in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all departmental records at a corporate level.
- Creates and/or maintains operational procedures to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Maintain companies Compression database and support equipment rental negotiations.
- Attend regular safety meetings, help coordinate safety and environmental audits and manage required periodic safety & environmental inspections.
- Assist & teach field operators on daily operational duties and procedures when needed.
- Review operational data for performance tracking and monitor OPEX efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot operational issues within the personnel and coordinate outages with corporate teams and customers.
- Engage ES&H, Construction and vendors to scope operational related projects & create cost estimates (AFE’s).
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 5+ years in Midstream operations experience.
- Experience with pipeline hydraulic software. Winflo or Synergi is a plus.
- Experience with compressor performance modeling. Ariel & GERP Software is a plus.
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word applications.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards, API, ASME, DOT, B31.8 & B31.3.
- A strong commitment to personnel and operations safety.
- A strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and oversee repairs of all types of all types of Oil & Gas equipment.
- Strong leadership, verbal/written communication and decision-making skills.
- Well-organized, results-oriented, energetic, team player with proven decision-making ability.
- Working experience and expertise within The Company’s Delaware Basin core area is highly desired.
- Experience improving and identifying inefficiencies in field operations through systematic and focused review of data and team brainstorming.
- Has communication and negotiation skills required to develop and nurture business relationships with internal teams, vendors/contractors and customers.
- Must be able to understand and review P&IDs, basic diagrams and technical manuals.
Physical Demands, Requirements and Working Conditions
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and subject to random drug testing.
- Able to work in a standing and sitting position in front of a computer screen for an entire work day.
- Able to bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift to 25lbs.
- Vision sufficient to read computer screens, reports, related documents and travel.
- Hearing sufficient to hear verbal instruction and normal conversation levels.
- Speech sufficient to communicate in person, in a group and over the telephone.
- Dexterity to sufficiently operate a computer and other related office equipment.
- Travel to the field from Fort Worth to the Delaware Basin and meet client/vendors as needed to perform the job responsibilities.