Brazos midstream is seeking a Natural Gas Processing Plant Supervisor for the Midland TX area that is a self-motivated individual with a high regard for safety and integrity. This individual should be able to supervise all plant personnel and operations with minimal oversight. Including but not limited to Amine Treating, TEG & Mol Sieve Dehydration, Cryogenic Processing, Nitrogen Rejection, and all related equipment needed to get Residue/NGL to market.
Job Function & Responsibilities
Candidate will perform plant operations oversight, monitoring and plant project tasks as needed. The candidate is expected to perform these duties with integrity, accountability, initiative and respect.
- Oversees day-to-day plant operations in the Midland Area to meet company expectations such as recovery/rejection composition targets and ensuring plant products meet market quality specs.
- Report day to day operations, project status and repairs to various teams.
- Reviews and monitors operating data to minimize problems and downtime.
- Ensures that established regulatory environmental and safety standards are maintained.
- Supervises all emergency response activities and decisions relative to the safety of the plant.
- Supervises subordinates in performing their job duties in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Administers performance reviews for subordinates and administers disciplinary action when warranted.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all departmental records.
- Develops and administers training courses pertinent to operations to ensure personnel qualifications are maintained to comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains operational procedures to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Ensures operating parameters are within the limits of the design of the equipment.
- Attend regular safety meetings, help coordinate safety and environmental training and manage required periodic safety & environmental inspections.
- Assist & teach plant operators on daily operational duties and procedures when needed.
- Gather and trend operational performance data. Create reports for performance tracking and monitor OPEX efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot operational issues within the facility and coordinate outages with corporate teams and customers.
- Engage plant operations, ES&H, Construction and vendors to scope projects & assist Engineering in cost estimating.
- Furnish on-site support for project design reviews, project pre- and post-startup/commissioning activities, hazard assessments, audits, and ongoing troubleshooting/performance tests.
- Proactively identify operational inefficiencies and manage the facilities operating expenses.
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- A technical or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- 10+ years previous operations experience in a cryogenic gas processing facility.
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word applications.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards, API, ASME, DOT, B31.8 & B31.3.
- A strong commitment to personnel and operations safety
- A strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and oversee repair of all types of plant equipment.
- Strong leadership, verbal/written communication and decision-making skills.
- Experience with SCADA and electronic plant control systems
- Experience in managing a PSM Program and knowledge in managing Operating Procedures, Mechanical Integrity Programs, MOC’s, Emergency Response Plans, etc.
- Must be able to understand and review P&IDs, basic Electrical Diagrams and technical manuals.
- Good understanding of plant principles and operations.
Physical Demands, Requirements and Working Conditions
- Willing to support personnel on all shifts, holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and subject to random drug testing.
- Must pass a pre-employment and MVR background
- Able to work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Able to bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift to 50lbs.
- React to conditions, alarms and beacons using olfactory senses.
- Work indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Work in extreme weather conditions.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, hard hat, FRC)