The Plant Operator is responsible for assisting in the operation of natural gas processing facility to ensure optimum plant performance, including monitoring operations of natural gas processing, product treating, compression, making necessary adjustments, performing inspections and conducting preventive maintenance.
- Daily operation, documentation, and housekeeping of compressor stations with reciprocating natural gas compressors
- Responsible for completing and maintaining required reports and logs
- Monitor and adjust equipment to maintain optimum efficiency and throughput
- Daily condensate tank liquid handling and truck scheduling
- Responsible for coordinating and monitoring activities of contract personnel assigned to the area
- Promote a safe work environment, implement current safety policies and ensure environmental policies and regulatory compliance are being met
- Responsible for plant log entries of pressures, temperatures, gas throughput, liquid production, fuel consumption and other shift activities
- Assist Maintenance and I&E Techs with routine maintenance as well as major projects.
- Observe and ensure compliance of operating and maintenance procedures as well as safety regulations in accordance with company policies, EH&S policies, and PPE requirements
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance on various types of plant equipment, such as engines, compressors, dehydrators, turbines, pumps, and other plant equipment.
- Start/stop operating equipment.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of plant, equipment, and systems
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Experience with SCADA and control systems (WonderWare)
- Able to speak fluent English
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety including complying with state and federal regulations
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and repair all types of mechanical equipment as well as good verbal/written communication skills, decision making skills and a strong work ethic
- Willing to work call-outs, holidays, and weekends
- Willing to work the assigned schedule which could include nights and days
- Work well within a team environment, and/or independently with limited supervision if needed
- Must be able to read prints, drawings, and technical manuals and possess the ability to prepare technical reports
- Good understanding of plant principles and operations
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and is subject to random drug testing
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must allow pre-employment and MVR background check
- Must be capable of lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Have dexterity in the use of tools and equipment
- Use physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools
- Able to work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position
- Able to bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift to 50lbs.
- React to conditions, alarms and beacons using olfactory senses
- Work indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment
- Work in extreme weather conditions around operating equipment
- Wear special safety equipment (PPE) while working